Sunday, September 2, 2012

Election Year Blues


Unfortunately it is an election year, and people are being bombarded with a storm of negative statements and misrepresentations of the facts. I just wish we could watch nature and see how easy it is to get along. The bee and the butterfly have a lot to teach us.

Okay, I know. People have large brains...so how can I expect us to behave like these creatures with small brains? Our large brains make us human and enable our complex social structures which require governance. I love the excitement of life as a human, but I abhor the ugliness that it sometimes generates. Elections seem to bring out that ugliness. The most disgusting aspects are the oversimplifications and downright lies that are fed to the American people through speeches, and the fact that most people do not even realize that they are being manipulated.

I prefer to retreat into my imagination...where bees and butterflies get along...and so do people...and opposing politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment