Sunday, September 30, 2012

Duncan



Duncan and I have been together for about 9 years. He is quite an independent little cuss, but his heart is huge! The backyard is his domain, and everyday he sniffs for intruders. Squirrels are his nemesis! He cannot stand to have them in his yard, and they taunt him. It makes me sad to see him so upset!!

Duncan was born in Central Florida. I arranged to have one puppy from the litter, and Mom and Dad picked him up. They liked him the most because all of the other puppies followed him around and he was so lively and brimming with personality. They were captives of his charm!

He lived with Mom and Dad for a few weeks, then I visited them and picked him up for our journey from Florida to Maine. Even as a puppy, he was a wonderful traveler. Journeys satiated his enormous curiosity, and his antics during journeys always kept me amused.

Everyone likes Duncan. He is quite a verbal soul, making grunts and sighs and other sounds that betray his innermost feelings. When we moved to this house in Austin, Duncan decided he had enough of walking upstairs, so now he sleeps downstairs and I sleep upstairs with Casey.

It is quite difficult to get Duncan to stay still for a picture, but today I snuck up on him. Below is a picture that shows his earnestness. Beside it is an edited version that I really like. I don't know what I would do without my dogs Duncan and Casey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment