Saturday, September 29, 2012

Angry Skies


The sky has be overcast all day, with intermittent showers and lots of preparation to do for my travels keeping me inside. I finally ventured out and realized that the sky was gorgeous. It was nearly sunset and the clouds were clearing, allowing some blue sky to peek through. The pictures above were taken in my neighborhood. There are some dead trees in the preserve behind the house, and they often make interesting focal points for photos.


I ventured over to the Pennybacker Bridge to get a nice view of the city and river with the clouds draping them. Unfortunately I was greeted by no-parking signs. I guess within the last week or so, the city decided change their policy. As I was contemplating my chances of getting a ticket or even worse, getting towed...some young people drove up. I pointed out the signs, but all of us decided to take a risk and walk to the top of the cliff to take pictures of the beautiful sky. It began raining again when we were on the cliff, and the young people gave me a disposable poncho so that I could cover my camera. It was a nice experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment