Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snap Kitchen: Mayan Beef Saves the Day

I was running late and had to leave the house without making a lunch. So there I was at lunchtime, hungry without a lunch! I had an errand to do during my lunch break and on the way back noticed a sign that said Snap Kitchen.


I noticed a parking spot right by the door and quickly pulled in. Refrigerated shelves were full of black plastic containers filled with food. I selected the Mayan Beef.


When I returned to my office, I couldn't wait to try my new discovery. All of Snap Kitchen's offerings are healthy and fresh. The small container held a slice of marinated beef, Kabocha squash puree, steamed green beans, pickled red onions, and Pibil Sauce. A Pibil Sauce recipe can be found on a blog called "That's My Home." Pibil Sauce brought the flavors of achiote, citrus, and vinegar to the wonderful meal.


So, because I was not prepared for lunch, I made a wonderful discovery. I ate the delicious food and was sustained for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment