Saturday, October 16, 2010

Banh Ich Nhung Dua




I found these lovely delicacies at the Asian food market and I had to find out what was wrapped inside the banana leaves. They are Vietnamese delights called banh ich nhung dua, made from sweet rice and coconut. Their name means velvet cake or velvet ball according to an online language translator, but if you know a better translation, please let me know.



When I opened the banana leaf packet, I found something that looked almost translucent. I think the outer coating is rice noodle and inside is coconut. They are quite delicious, so I would highly recommend them if you come across them in an Asian supermarket. I would like to find out how to make them, but I was unsuccessful finding an English version of the recipe on the Web.

1 comment: