Sunday, February 20, 2011

Airline Snacks Chinese Style!


My friend Mike recently returned from a journey to China. He shared with me a snack packet from his flight from Beijing to a city in the south. You can see the packet on the left and the contents below. 


He didn't know what it was, so we were trying to figure it out. The contents were uncomfortable similar to worms...but we persevered and popped some in our mouths. Immediately I detected a distinctly seaweed flavor. They were salty, and although I don't intend to go buy hundreds of packets, they were not bad for quick revitalization. 


So how do they compare to the peanuts that we commonly receive on flights within the United States? I think they are quite similar, however the sliminess of the Chinese snacks does not appeal to me. I just can't get past their resemblance to worms!

No comments:

Post a Comment