Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sweet Potatoes: Thanksgiving Necessity!

I love sweet potatoes, and to me Thanksgiving is not complete without them. I found gorgeous sweet potatoes at the store for eighteen cents a pound. I couldn't wait to prepare them.

I found a recipe for them, but I modified it because we were having Duck L'Orange and I wanted the sweet potatoes to enhance that main course.

So I first cooked the sweet potatoes in the microwave until they were soft. I peeled them, then put them in the electronic mixer bowl along with butter, brown sugar, orange marmalade and orange juice.

 I then turned the mixer on until I had a puree. I then put the puree in a casserole dish, sprinkled some ground cloves over it, put a cinnamon stick on top of it, then baked it at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes to warm it up.

It was a great accompaniment to the duck because of the slight orange flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment