Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Crostini with Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese, and Apple Chutney

Epicurious came to the rescue for me! I needed to take an appetizer to a gathering this evening and I couldn't decide on a recipe. I found a recipe for "Crostini with Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese, and Apple Chutney" at epicurious that sounded like it had an interesting mix of flavors. So I decided to try it, and it received a wonderful reception, and many complements.

It seemed relatively easy, and the chutney portion can be made ahead of time to avoid rushing at the last minute.The baguette slice base was covered with a layer of roasted garlic. The earthiness of the goat's cheese contrasted perfectly with the zesty chutney.

I had some chutney left over, so I will probably eat it on some toast or crackers tomorrow.

If you try this recipe, you will find that it is easy to transport. I put them on the serving platter you see in the picture, then covered them with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. I then put them on the seat in front of me, and even though I got lost and wandered around town for about 30 minutes, my appetizers arrived in great shape.


The picture on the right shows a closer view of the chutney. As you can see, there are golden raisins, tomatoes, and apples. The sauce is made of brown sugar, rice vinegar, cayenne pepper. A dash of mint adds a subtle addition to the chutney.

I enjoyed making this and hope that you can try it sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment